
This is by far the dorkiest thing I have/ will ever post and I am totally okay with that. I have been watching the Lord of the Rings movies over the past few days. And I've been able to relate some of it to my LIFE right now. Let me explain, porque that is super vague and weird sounding. The latest por ejemplo comes from The Two Towers. Aragorn has a dream where he sees Liv Tyler... who's an elf... blah blah blah, you've seen the movie. So she tells him he must go with Frodo and he is totally confused and can't see which way he should go. Which leads to the following dialogue:
Aragorn: My path is hidden from me.
Arwen: It is already laid before your feet. You cannot falter now.
It hit me hard and felt relevant to what I am going through right now. My path does seem hidden. The next step is fuzzy, maybe even veiled completely. But I don't have to see it. It is already laid before me by my God.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6
To be honest, I don't think I can be trusted with the direction of my life. I'll screw it up. Its a fact. But who better to trust it with then the Creator of the Universe? He has never let me down. Why do I think he is going to start now? (The answer is he's not)
Final scripture/ promise that has been circling my brain for the past few days: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Enough said.

like. a. LOT. super cool to think that the path is already laid out, vs. it being anything close to a mystery to God, even if it feels like a mystery to us.
ReplyDeletereally encouraging post! :)