I have come to the conclusion that happiness is often a choice. I'm sure there are a buttload of instances where it is not, but here are my thoughts.
Everyone has to work. And whether the job you are doing is your dream job or you are a gum scraper in the parking lot of Walmart (they have those right?? Okay, maybe not :) , it's going to get monotonous. But some people can remain content, while others squirm in their chair day after day wanting to be somewhere else (everyone does this at times, but I mean never being happy where you are). I want to be one of the content people.
And in relationships- people have flaws. They are not always going to say and do what you want them to when you want them to. You can either choose to be happy and rejoice in everything the person is, or you can get discouraged and talk about how life and people just aren't measuring up to what you thought they would be. I want to be one of the people who rejoice in the relationships I have.
I'm still wrestling with the concept of joy and I think its something God is working on with me. And I know there is a difference between happiness and joy. But I want to strive to choose a thankful and positive mindset more often. I want to be one of the happy people :)
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment