Monday, May 24, 2010

Google = Christmas Miracle, That's All You Had To Say

So I visited the Google office in NYC for some ad server training. I've come back to share what I've discovered (almost didn't come back. But they completely ignored me when I asked for a job :P )

When you first walk in there's the reception desk with the Google logo above it. The rest of the lobby was aight. Nothing special. But when you walk through the double doors and into the offices, you have entered a Christmas Miracle zone.


The first thing you see is the excessively modern kitchen stocked full of food. And all the food is freeeeeeeeeee. They have drink coolers full of sodas, vitamin water, sparking water, gatorade, ect. ect. ect. The coolers also have yogurt and veggies in them. There is an espresso machine (a super nice one) where you can play barista and make your own espresso drinks. There is a coffee machine that grinds and brews Starbucks coffee for you on the spot, and you can select which coffee you want. A-maze-ing. Then they have a mini fridge full of just about every kind of milk and plus half-and-half puh-lus all those fancy international delight flava'd creamers. They also have a cappuccino machine for the lazy people. There are snack dispensers that have M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, almonds, cereals, and stuff like that. Then under that they have granola bars, gum, bags of chips, and the like.


On the other side of the wall opposite of the kitchen, they have all these bins with legos and k'nex.


There are "scooter stands" chillin' in a few places where people can just grab them, use them for as long as they want and return them.


The lunch is free everyday and they have this awesomely stocked cafeteria. They have a hot food bar, a make-your-own-sandwich/salad station, sushi, prepared sandwiches and salads, and whatever you want to drink.


I found myself wanting to eat entirely too much just to get the full experience. Worth it though. This is my gLunch:


I gSpilled that gSoup all over the gTable.

Next, I took the liberty of giving myself a tour. I felt slightly nervous the whole time like someone was gonna call me out and be all "you're not supposed to be here." Here are some cool things I found:


The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment